Sunday, June 06, 2010
Let's update!
Driving: Just had my first lesson on last thursday. It was really interesting to learn how to drive and I'm looking forward to my next lesson.
Tuition: The lesson I went to yesterday nearly killed me as my Levi's shoes just ripped off a big chunk of my skin on my heels. By the time I walked from my house to the bus stop down the road, my blood had already stained the back of my shoes. And I used 4 plasters on each heel but it was really excruciating for me to continue walking in that pair of shoes. To make things worse, the student's house was quite some distance from the bus stops so you can guess what's happening. Yes, I limped my way there as if I was wearing heels. My heels still hurts now when i stretch my legs and when I put it in some position. Cause apparently at certain positions, the skin on the heels will be stretched, so it is painful since there is a hole there. And this new student of mine was from the came batch as me, though she was not from the same school as me. She took the same A level papers as me last year. She was in complete disbelief when she learnt that I took the same paper as her and I was of the same age as her. So she's thinking if she will continue to engage me as her tuition teacher (since she is retaking her A levels this year and she needed someone to be her tuition teacher). I have to admit that when she told me this on the spot, I was not really that affected. But when I got home, after I recalled the things she mentioned to me, such as how come she did not do well for her A levels and her decision to re-consider me to be her tutor, I found myself being rather pissed. Cause the age of the tutor seriously does not matter as the main point is how well and the ability of one to teach! So does my age really matter? I believe that I can give her the same things as what I learnt in school since the memory is still fresh, after all I left JC only for a few months. And if my heels were not injured because of the journey to her house, i would not have been so pissed though I have to admit that it was partially my fault for not wearing socks when I wore that shoes. But the primary cause was that I have to go to her house, so I chose to wear that shoes in order to leave a good impression in the first lesson. I'm not pointing fingers or blaming anyone here, just expressing my dissatisfaction that some people can be so obsolete in their thinking that the tuition teacher must be much older than them. Then in this case, they don't need a tutor. They just need some random auntie or uncle. But still I would like to tell her, please consider me as your tutor!
This reminds me of a story I heard before: There was once an ambassador was sent to a country. And the king of that country judges one's ability and experience through the length of one's beard. What happened was that this ambassador have no beard but he was still capable nonetheless. So when the king asked him directly about his doubts, the ambassador coolly replied: If his country were to use the same standards to judge one's ability, they would have sent an old goat with a long goatee as the ambassador instead.
Moral of the story: Never judge a book my the cover he offers you. The content matters more than the cover.
Other miscellaneous things: I signed up for the freshmen orientation camp for pharmacy. But I am actually apprehensive about the camp since I don't really know who else is going. In fact it seems more stressful to attend this camp as compared to the A levels as I may have to face many many strangers. And I have manage to clean up some parts of my room today. So I'm going to continue with my mini spring cleaning in the coming days! Since the Great Singapore Sale is ongoing now, it is a good time to buy new clothes and other things. I'm thinking of buying myself a micro system but given that I'm not really earning anything lately, it's quite impossible to buy one now. I'm still thinking about my new bag to use for school and other things such as stationery and blah blah. I'm going to pop by IKEA soon to get some curtains for my room, since it can offer me an additional of insulation from the heat.
By the way, my heels still hurt today. So I doubt it will be a comfortable sleep tonight, since the pain has restricted my movements and the way I sleep yesterday.
The weather has been erratic lately. And I have not been exercising much lately. I will be going for a swim soon, perhaps in a few days time when my heels recover...
That's all for now...
Bye! :)
date: 6 June, 10.43pm.
drinking: plain water.
eating: nothing.
mood: bored.
listening: all around me, flyleaf.
reading: nothing.
random: you dont have the rights to make decisions for me.